Saturday, October 9, 2010


The first week we were here we went to a productioin by the Mongolian National Song and Dance Ensemble, including the National Orchestra.
It was an amazing performance. There were wonderful folk dancers who were costumed in the most detailed intricate costumes. The dancing was wonderful. I esepcially enjoyed the "shaman" dancers who reminded me of the American Indian dancers...not just in dancing but in instruments and costumes.
There is a specific type of singing that is only Mongolian. It is called "Throat Singing". It is very unique and unusual. I was in awe of the orchestra. Most of the instruments only have two strings and yet it sounded like any orchestra in the US. I loved this evening.
This building is the State Academic Drama Theater.. You have to pay to take pictures on the inside. I wish I had. If we get a chance to go back I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment